Basic System Hydraulics: Pump & System Curves, Energy Consumption & Control Methods: Recorded Webinar 2023
- Registration Closed
Basic System Hydraulics: Pump & System Curve, Energy Consumption & Control Methods
1-Part On-Demand Webinar
It is important to be able to visualize pump curves and system curves to understand their interaction and impact on the operating point and energy consumption. Learn system hydraulics in this 1-part webinar so that you will have a better understanding of pump and system curve interaction and the considerations for varying the operating point and the resulting system energy consumption.
Upon completion, attendees should be able to:
- Provide basic definition of pumps and systems
- Understand the pump curve and types of pump curves
- State the components that develop the system curve
- Calculate pump system power and energy consumption
- Understand pump/system interaction and the operating point
- Evaluate control methods to vary the operating point including parallel and series pumping
|HI Member Type
Members, Associate Members, Standards Partners, and Training Partners of the Hydraulic Institute (HI) receive 25% discount on all available PSM training. Employees of Members, Associate Members, Standards Partner, and Training Partner organizations must log-in with their company email address in order for the discounted registration fee to apply. Industry Partners and Academic Partners receive 5% discount on all PSM training. Click here to learn more about HI membership.
Refunds & Cancellations
All refund requests must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Full refunds will be issued for any live course or webinar that has been cancelled.
- Click the "Contents" tab and select "View On-Demand Webinar". After viewing the entire video, return to the Contents tab.
- Click "Complete Quiz for On-Demand Webinar" to answer quiz questions. You will have 10 attempts and must get at least 80% correct to proceed to the next session. After completing the quiz, return to the Contents tab.
- Click "Complete Webinar Evaluation" to provide your feedback on the webinar to PSM. Scroll down to view all feedback questions, there are questions that expand past the size of the window.
- Click the button “View/Print Your Certificate” in the box titled “Claim Credits & Certificate to save or print your certificate of completion. If you ever lose your certificate, you can come back to the PSM website and view it on your transcript (found in the Dashboard).
If you are experiencing any log in issues, cannot access a course, need assistance claiming credit, or have other questions or concerns, please e-mail email@example.com for assistance.
One (1) PDH credits will be issued upon completion of this on-demand webinar series.
The acceptance of continuing education as it applies to fulfillment of the state licensing requirements for professional designations is at the pleasure of the individual state licensing boards. It is the responsibility of the individual participants to be knowledgeable about their state requirements.
Licensed Professional Engineers
Continuing professional development is a vital component to the engineering licensure process. Most state licensing boards require continuing professional development as a condition for licensure and renewal of the license to practice engineering. Pre-approval of training providers and courses are not required by most state licensing boards, except for the following:
Florida Board of Professional Engineers
Pump Systems Matter is a board-approved continuing education provider for the Florida Board of Professional Engineers: License # CEA361.
North Carolina Board of Examiners for Engineers and Surveyors
Pump Systems Matter is an approved continuing professional competency sponsor for the North Carolina Board of Examiners for Engineers and Surveyors: Sponsor # S-0523.
New York State Board for Engineering, Land Surveying, and Geology
Pump Systems Matter is approved as a sponsor of continuing education for professional engineers in New York State: NYS Sponsor # 241.