Beginning the IoT Journey for Pumping Systems: November 28, 2023
- Registration Closed
Beginning the IoT Journey for Pumping Systems
Date: November 28, 2023
Time: 1:00pm EST
PDH Credits: 1.0
The world is becoming increasingly interconnected. Whether you are designing, manufacturing, or running a pumping system, having a basic understanding of the internet of things (IoT) is imperative. This webinar aims to bridge the gap between the pump and IoT worlds. The session will outline the journey of IoT implementation by noting the benefits of an IoT system, discuss the typical roadmap for the IoT journey, business needs, vendor evaluation, the implementation process, and monitoring requirements.
1. Traditional systems vs an IoT implementation
2. Understand the benefits of an IoT system in a pumping application
3. Understand the connectivity and security concerns involved in an IoT system
4. Comprehend the typical step-by-step guide for IoT implementation within a pumping systems
Individual registration fees for a 1-part webinar are shown below per member type. The applicable registration fee will display once you login to your account.
|HI Member Type||1-Part Live Webinar|
Members, Associate Members, Standards Partners, and Training Partners of the Hydraulic Institute (HI) receive 25% discount on all available PSM training. Employees of Members, Associate Members, Standards Partner, and Training Partner organizations must log-in with their company email address in order for the discounted registration fee to apply. Industry Partners and Academic Partners receive 5% discount on all PSM training. Click here to learn more about HI membership.
Group registration discounts are available for webinars. If you are interested in registering a group, please click the button below to download the group registration form and upload it here. It may take up to 3 business days to process group registrations.
Refunds & Cancellations
All refund requests must be made in writing and submitted to our Customer Support Center. Full refunds will be issued for any live course or webinar that has been cancelled.
W. Tom Meier
An advisor to the fluid handling industry on IoT systems and security, Tom has been working with the Hydraulic Institute for over 7 years. He is a co-author of the IoT Guidebook through HI and is a frequent presenter on the topics of IoT and data analytics for both industry, academia and government. Tom has held executive positions in IT and cyber security in manufacturing and is currently the CIO for one of the Massachusetts State agencies where where he is developing programs in AI usage, implementation and policy.
Webinars are hosted on the Webex teleconferencing platform. Prior to joining the live webinar, click here for instructions on how to test your browser and install the desktop app (optional).
- To join the live webinar session, participants must login to their account and click the "Contents" tab, then select "View Live Webinar Session". After the webinar session concludes, return to the Contents tab. Note that a recording of the webinar will be available shortly after the live session.
- Participants must pass a quiz in order to claim PDH credits and a certificate. Click "Complete Quiz for Live Webinar" to begin the quiz. Participants will have 10 attempts and must achieve at least 80% correct to pass. After completing the quiz, return to the Contents tab.
- To claim PDH credits and print a certificate, click “Claim Credits & Certificate", then select the “View/Print Your Certificate” button. If you ever lose your certificate, you can come back to the PSM website and view it on your transcript (found in the Dashboard).
- Click "Complete Webinar Evaluation" to provide your feedback on the webinar. Scroll down to view all feedback questions, there are questions that expand past the size of the window.
By participating in this webinar hosted by the Hydraulic Institute (HI) and Pump Systems Matter (PSM) you automatically agree to authorize recording of audio and or visual content presented during the live session and consent to subsequent use of the recording by HI and PSM unless otherwise stated. The audio and visual recording of the live webinar includes documents and materials exchanged or viewed during the live event; questions asked and poll answers provided by you during the live event; and the chat box transcript. Live webinar recordings are uploaded to HI’s On-Demand library for distribution.
By submitting this registration, you consent to having your name or contact information shared with the session speaker(s) and organizer(s).
If you do not consent to the audio and/or video recording of this live webinar or the sharing of your information, please do not join the session and email your concerns to our Customer Support Center.
If you are experiencing any log in issues, cannot access a course, need assistance claiming credit, or have other questions or concerns, please contact our Customer Support Center.
PDH credit(s) will be issued upon successful completion of the quiz for this live webinar.
The acceptance of continuing education as it applies to fulfillment of the state licensing requirements for professional designations is at the pleasure of the individual state or professional licensing boards. It is the responsibility of the individual participants to be knowledgeable about their state requirements.
Licensed Professional Engineers
Continuing professional development is a vital component to the engineering licensure process. Most state licensing boards require continuing professional development as a condition for licensure and renewal of the license to practice engineering. Pre-approval of training providers and courses are not required by most state licensing boards, except for the following:
Florida Board of Professional Engineers
Pump Systems Matter is a board-approved continuing education provider for the Florida Board of Professional Engineers: License # CEA361.
North Carolina Board of Examiners for Engineers and Surveyors
Pump Systems Matter is an approved continuing professional competency sponsor for the North Carolina Board of Examiners for Engineers and Surveyors: Sponsor # S-0523.
New York State Board for Engineering, Land Surveying, and Geology
Pump Systems Matter is approved as a sponsor of continuing education for professional engineers in New York State: NYS Sponsor # 241.
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|