Introduction to Vibration in Rotodynamic Pumps: 1-Part On-Demand Webinar
- Non-member - $129
- Member - $96.75
- Associate Member - $96.75
- Academic Partner - $122.55
- PSAP Industry Partner - $122.55
- Pump Industry Partner - $122.55
- Pump Industry Partner Retiree - $122.55
- Standards Partner - Consultant - $96.75
- Standards Partner - End User - $96.75
- Standards Partner - End User & Basic Training - $96.75
- Training Partner - $96.75
Introduction to Vibration in Rotodynamic Pumps
1-Part On-Demand Webinar
This webinar presents an introduction to vibration analysis of rotodynamic pumps and will provide basic concepts of vibration analysis and provide some guidelines to help the diagnostic process of dynamic behavior on rotodynamic pumps and their systems. The focus is on centrifugal pumps of all types regarding their typical vibration issues such as imbalance, misalignment, rubs, looseness, etc. Troubleshooting methods and fixes are discussed with real life case histories.
Upon completion, learners should be able to understand:
- Fundamentals of vibration theory
- Types of vibration
- Vibration data management and display/plots (FFT – amplitude vs. frequency)
- Vibration measurement and instrumentation
- Most common vibration issues: imbalance and misalignment
|HI Member Type||Fee|
Members, Associate Members, Standards Partners, and Training Partners of the Hydraulic Institute (HI) receive 25% discount on all available PSM training. Employees of Members, Associate Members, Standards Partner, and Training Partner organizations must log-in with their company email address in order for the discounted registration fee to apply. Industry Partners and Academic Partners receive 5% discount on all PSM training. Click here to learn more about HI membership.
Group registration discounts are available for webinars. If you are interested in registering a group, please click the button below to download the group registration form and email the completed form to email@example.com. It may take up to 3 business days to process group registrations.
Refunds & Cancellations
All refund requests must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Full refunds will be issued for any live course or webinar that has been cancelled.
- Click the "Contents" tab and select "View On-Demand Webinar". After viewing the entire video, return to the Contents tab.
- Click "Complete Quiz for On-Demand Webinar" to answer quiz questions. You will have 10 attempts and must get at least 80% correct to proceed to the next session. After completing the quiz, return to the Contents tab.
- Click "Complete Webinar Evaluation" to provide your feedback on the webinar to PSM. Scroll down to view all feedback questions, there are questions that expand past the size of the window.
- Click the button “View/Print Your Certificate” in the box titled “Claim Credits & Certificate to save or print your certificate of completion. If you ever lose your certificate, you can come back to the PSM website and view it on your transcript (found in the Dashboard).
If you are experiencing any log in issues, cannot access a course, need assistance claiming credit, or have other questions or concerns, please e-mail email@example.com for assistance.
Maki M. Onari
Mechanical Solutions, Inc.
As President of MSI, Mr. Onari has extensive experience in resolving rotating machinery problems. He has over 25 years of turbomachinery vibration experience and holds a B.S.M.E. from Zulia University. His expertise includes field testing and associated capabilities in instrumentation, data acquisition and analysis equipment, and analysis of vibration and other dynamic machinery data. Mr. Onari is a co-author of the Pump Vibration Chapter in the McGraw-Hill Pump Handbook and is an active member on several HI committees.
Director of Structural Analysis
Mechanical Solutions, Inc.
- Employed by Mechanical Solutions, Inc. since 2002
- Vice Chair, HI Pump Vibration Committee
- Member of HI Dynamics of Pumping Machinery Committee
- Lecturer on Pump Vibration at the Texas A&M Pump Symposium
- M.S. Cum Laude Lehigh University
- Over 30 years experience with centrifugal pumps
- Co-Author Pump Mechanical & Dynamic Behavior Chapter, McGraw-Hill Pump Handbook
Robert Sayer, P.E.
The Vibration Institute
Robert Sayer has 45 Years of experience in mechanical vibration and structural dynamics.BSCE, Ohio University, MSIE, Cleveland State University, MSCE, Purdue University. He's recipient of Jack Frarey Medal for Excellence in the Field of Vibration Analysis.
Instructor, Vibration Institute “Advanced Vibration Control” training course. Instructor, Vibration Institute “Vibration Diagnostics using Case Studies” course
Author of Two Chapters, “The Simplified Handbook of Vibration Analysis, Part 2”
Vice-Chairman, HI/ANSI 14.5.1, Foundations for Rotodynamic Pumps
One and a half (1.5) PDH credits will be issued upon completion of this on-demand webinar.
The acceptance of continuing education as it applies to fulfillment of the state licensing requirements for professional designations is at the pleasure of the individual state licensing boards. It is the responsibility of the individual participants to be knowledgeable about their state requirements.
Licensed Professional Engineers
Continuing professional development is a vital component to the engineering licensure process. Most state licensing boards require continuing professional development as a condition for licensure and renewal of the license to practice engineering. Pre-approval of training providers and courses are not required by most state licensing boards, except for the following:
Florida Board of Professional Engineers
Pump Systems Matter is a board-approved continuing education provider for the Florida Board of Professional Engineers: License # CEA361.
North Carolina Board of Examiners for Engineers and Surveyors
Pump Systems Matter is an approved continuing professional competency sponsor for the North Carolina Board of Examiners for Engineers and Surveyors: Sponsor # S-0523.
New York State Board for Engineering, Land Surveying, and Geology
Pump Systems Matter is approved as a sponsor of continuing education for professional engineers in New York State: NYS Sponsor # 241.
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|